Samsung is promising four-year security updates for a wider range of Galaxy products; the Korean tech giant assured in a new announcement. Samsung’s Galaxy products launched since 2019 will get at least four years of assured security updates. Users should be aware these are not Android OS updates or the company’s OneUI updates, but just security updates. This includes Samsung extending its support through updates for products released in 2019; (meaning, users can expect updates all the way up to 2023). These updates can include security updates delivered to their devices either on a monthly or quarterly basis.
Samsung Security Updates — Which devices get this support?
According to the press statement released by Samsung include the following devices, which are eligible for the aforementioned security updates:
- Galaxy Foldable devices: Fold, Fold 5G, Z Fold2, Z Fold2 5G, Z Flip, Z Flip 5G
- Galaxy S series: S10, S10+, S10e, S10 5G, S10 Lite, S20, S20 5G, S20+, S20+ 5G, S20 Ultra, S20 Ultra 5G, S20 FE, S20 FE 5G, S21 5G, S21+ 5G, S21 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy Note series: Note10, Note10 5G, Note10+, Note10+ 5G, Note10 Lite, Note20, Note20 5G, Note20 Ultra, Note20 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy A series: A10, A10e, A10s, A20, A20s, A30, A30s, A40, A50, A50s, A60, A70, A70s, A80, A90 5G, A11, A21, A21s, A31, A41, A51, A51 5G, A71, A71 5G, A02s, A12, A32 5G, A42 5G
- Galaxy M series: M10s, M20, M30, M30s, M40, M11, M12, M21, M31, M31s, M51 Galaxy XCover series: XCover4s, XCover FieldPro, XCover Pro
- Galaxy Tab series: Tab Active Pro, Tab Active3, Tab A 8 (2019), Tab A with S Pen, Tab A 8.4 (2020), Tab A7, Tab S5e, Tab S6, Tab S6 5G, Tab S6 Lite, Tab S7, Tab S7+
Samsung says, over the past decade it has made significant progress in streamlining and speeding up the traditional security updates. It included working closely with operating systems, chipset partners, and over two-hundred carries around the globe as well. You can check Samsung’s full press statement here.