Samsung just unveiled the Note 9 at the Samsung Unpacked event in New York, along with the Note 9, they introduced the Galaxy Smartwatch. The Galaxy Smartwatch replaces the gear branding and is probably a part of Samsung’s effort to make more products a part of the galaxy brand.
Talking about the smartwatch itself, it comes with a High-resolution AMOLED display, and boasts Corning gorilla DX+ glass on top for extra protection. The watch comes with LTE connectivity which means that you now can take along run without having to worry about the phone.
Tech specifications of the Galaxy watch:
- 1.3-inch (46mm)/ 1.2-inch (42mm) Super AMOLED touch display with Gorilla DX+
- Tizen OS 4.0
- Exynos 9110 1.15 GHz Dual-core processor
- 5 ATM water resistance and IP68 dust resistance
- 472mAh battery (46mm)/ 270mAh battery (42mm)
- A heart-rate monitor, ambient light sensor, accelerometer, gyroscope, and barometer
- The LTE version comes with 1.15GB of RAM and 4GB of storage
- The Bluetooth version comes with 768MB of RAM and 4GB of storage
It also is quite sturdy, at least on paper, with water resistance upto 5 ATM and Military grade durability. It comes with 60,000 watch faces and a slew of health features. The watch will use your data to tell you if the heart rate is too high and whether you need to slow down, take a few deep breaths. It also comes with a plethora of exercise options which the watch will itself time for you hence being a digital trainer of sorts.
It will be offered in two sizes – 42mm and 46mm – along with several strap options. You can wirelessly charge it and Samsung also launched an Apple-ish dock where you can wirelessly charge both your Galaxy device and the Galaxy watch. The Galaxy Watch will be available in Rose Gold, Silver, and Midnight Black.