Indian unit of OnePlus 3T explodes due to a battery problem

OnePlus 3T blasts

In yet another freak incident, an Indian user of a OnePlus 3T put a Facebook post yesterday detailing how her phone apparently exploded due to a battery problem. However, the disgruntled customer hasn’t explained how the incident actually happened in the post. For example, we don’t know specifics like:

  1. If the phone was charging
  2. If the phone was overheating

What happened?

From the looks of it, the OnePlus 3T’s back covered has been entirely charred and the motherboard has burnt to a crisp. Looks like this incident happened a month ago and the user did her due diligence before taking to social media. The bigger concern is definitely the issue that it could have led to serious injuries and OnePlus would have been involved in a bigger controversy. 

This incident, coupled with the bevy of incidents that have occurred in the recent past, makes us wonder if packing in bigger batteries so tightly inside a smartphone is a good idea after all. There has to be some solution to this. 

We’ve reached out to OnePlus for a response and will update the story once we receive a response. What do you guys think of this incident? Have you ever been troubled by an unresponsive customer service? Let us know in the comments section below. 


Our Latest Videos

Prev 1 of 159 Next
Prev 1 of 159 Next

Ershad Kaleebullah

When Ershad isn't writing, he spends time killing virtual zombies on his PS4. Having worked with a slew of renowned publications like PCWorld, Channelworld, CIO, NDTV Gadgets (now Gadgets360), MySmartPrice, The Inquistr, and 91Mobiles, Ershad brings a whole world of experience to Mr. Phone. He is trying hard to convert all the team members into Apple fans but is facing a lot of resistance. Is anyone willing to help?