In these times of the Work From Home culture followed by most MNCs and Enterprises, the sales of Notebooks and Laptops are at an all-time high. Even though there is a decline of 37.3% year-over-year (YoY) in the second quarter of 2020 closing at 2.1 million units, it is a bit of an unfair comparison, since, last year had unprecedented sales due to some major deals. In the current scenario though, this is truly amazing as to how many units were sold, considering the whole world has also been hit by a pandemic. So, which brands topped the list? Let us find out together.
The Notebooks Leaders Of Q2 2020
1. HP Inc. is still on top of the overall PC market with a share of 32.8% in 2nd Quarter 2020. The shipment growth is of 11.8% YoY in 2020. The reason for this position is good performance in the commercial segment with some major wins on their belt.
2. Lenovo: The brand replaces Dell in the second position, even though it witnessed a 62.7% decline in overall shipments. Overall, the company had a good quarter with shipments growing 31.6% YoY.
3. Dell Technologies: Dell finished the quarter in third place whilst declining to 21.8% YoY, this is due to the decline in it’s desktop shipments.
4. Acer: The Acer group retained the fourth position with a 9.9% market share in the 2nd Quarter of 2020. This is due to some backlogs paired with the latest orders. The company however saw a decline of 34.7% when compared to 2019.
5. ASUS: The final brand in this list, it registered a 55.5% YoY growth in the overall PC market. It’s aggressive offline expansion and thin and light portfolio has helped the brand achieve these numbers.
What are your thoughts on the list of toppers? Are you part of the WFH crowd who bought a Notebook during these times? Let us know in the comments below.